Policies of the National Council of Women of the United States
All materials contained on this website are for the sole use of the National Council of Women of the United States (NCW/US).
No materials contained on this website may be copied, modified, published, or otherwise distributed without the prior written permission of NCW/US. Any reproduction must be approved in advance by NCW/US and, once permitted, must contain the following notice: “Copyright © NCW/US. All rights reserved.”
The information contained on this website may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part. No text, logo, graphic, sound, or image from this website may be copied, except in connection with the express written permission of NCW/US.
Links to any other websites do not imply endorsement of the materials or statements by NCW/US or its agents. The links are provided as a resource only. NCW/US does not guarantee the correctness of materials on linked sites and attempts to make sure all information is correct.
We Respect Your Privacy
Information We Collect
Two types of information are collected:
- Personal, or “individually identifiable,” information you provide to us.
- Standard web server/visitor traffic information commonly referred to as “aggregate information,” regarding overall website traffic patterns. Normally, web servers collect this type of basic information as part of their web log processes. We do not report on individual user sessions.
During your visit to our site, there are instances when NCW/US collects individually identifiable information in order to better facilitate the purpose of your visit. For example if you wish to donate to NCW/US or any of its programs, we will collect information such as your first and last name, street address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, and credit card information. We process this information via a secure, encrypted SSL session. SSL is the proven standard for secure web messaging transactions. We maintain records of all financial transactions in a secure location accessible only by authorized staff. Standard credit card information (card number, card type, expiration date) is discarded from our server after the transaction is complete.
How do we use the information?
Occasionally, NCW/US may contact individuals who have provided their individually identifiable information through the website in order to supply you with news and information. We aggregate unlinked personal information and use it to:
- Improve our marketing and promotional efforts
- Statistically analyze site usage
- Improve our content and offerings
- Customize our site’s content and layout
This enables us to improve our site and tailor it to better meet our users’ needs. In these situations, however, we remove any ties to information that could be used to personally identify you.
If you wish to restrict the use of your contact information, you may let us know by:
1. Contact NCW/US at:The National Council of Women of the United States777 United Nations PlazaNew York, NY 10017
3. Contact NCW/US via phone at 212.697.1278